GRANOLLERS: FIRST CERTIFICATE 5.50 EUROS HORAS


martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

dream

2dream verb
dreams; dreamed Listen to audio/ˈdrɛmt, ˈdri:md/ or dreamt Listen to audio/ˈdrɛmt/; dream·ing
1 : to have visions and thoughts in your sleep : to have a dream while you are sleeping [no obj] — often + of or about He dreamed of drowning and woke up trembling. I have trouble remembering the things I dream about. [+ obj] Last night I dreamed (that) you were here talking to me. Did it really happen or did I just dream it?
2 : to think about something that you wish would happen or something that you want to do or be [no obj] He tends to dream big but he never really does the things he dreams of doing. She stared out the window dreaming. [=daydreaming] You're dreaming [=you're completely wrong] if you think being a parent is going to be easy.often + of She spent hours reading love stories and dreaming of romance. They dreamed of success. He dreamed of becoming a teacher. [+ obj] As a child, I always dreamed (that) I would be an astronaut when I grew up. I sat on the porch and dreamed away the day. [=I spent the whole day thinking and dreaming] I never dreamt that it would be so difficult. [=it was much more difficult than I expected it to be]
dream on
informalused to say that you do not think something that another person wants or expects will ever happen I think my band will be famous one day. Dream on.
dream up [phrasal verb]
dream up (something) also dream (something) up : to think of or invent (something) in your mind
He dreams up all sorts of fantastic adventures. She tries a lot of new recipes that she dreams up herself. They dreamed up a plan to get the information.
never/not dream of
used to say that you would never do something or think of doing something I would never dream of asking for more money. Did you ever do anything to hurt her? I wouldn't dream of it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


CURSOS INTENSIVOS DE VERANO


Entradas populares

CLASES DE INGLÉS FRANCÉS