GRANOLLERS: FIRST CERTIFICATE 5.50 EUROS HORAS


jueves, 13 de enero de 2011

People is or People are

The word "people" is a Noun of Multitude ,such nouns have no plural forms,they agree with the verb in the plural.
So,according to this rule the correct forms are: people are;people have.

As for "family",here we have two versions.We can say either "my family is" or "my family are" but it all depends on the context,
When the word "family" is used as a Collective Noun it agrees with the verb in the singular, e.g. My family is large. (we mean the family as a whole).
When it is used as a Noun of Multitude it agrees with the verb in the plural. e.g. My family are asleep.( here we mean the members of the family).

Edgarlandia,I think this will be helpful for you! :)
Tamta

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


CURSOS INTENSIVOS DE VERANO


Entradas populares

CLASES DE INGLÉS FRANCÉS