Grammar: dareDare (sense 1) usually forms negatives and questions like an ordinary verb and is often followed by an infinitive with to. It is most common in the negative: I didn’t dare to ask. He won’t dare to break his promise. You told him? How did you dare? I hardly dared to hope that she’d remember me.
In positive sentences, a phrase like not be afraid is often used instead:She wasn’t afraid (= she dared) to tell him the truth.
It can also be used like a modal verb, especially in present tense negative forms, and is followed by an infinitive without to: I dare not tell her the truth.
In spoken English, the forms of the ordinary verb are often used with an infinitive without to:Don’t you dare tell her what I said! I didn’t dare look at him.
(not usually used in the progressive tenses) to be brave enough to do somethingShe said it as loudly as she dared.dare (to) do somethingHe didn't dare (to) say what he thought.They dare not ask for any more money.
fuente : http://oaadonline.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/dare
TOEFL - IETLS - CAE - FCE - CPE - KET - PET AND EOI EXAMS - GRANOLLERS Tel: 93 870 20 47 / 676 18 97 63 / C/ Agustí Vinyamata, 73 , Granollers
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Contacto
Entradas populares
-
PROMOCIÓ: CLASES DE FRANCÉS ENERO 2012
-
Pronoun Tips Pronouns take the place of nouns. Subject Pronouns: I, you, he, she, it, we, they Object Pronouns : me, you, him, her...
-
ESTUDIAR INGLÉS EN VERANO EN GRANOLLERS ( CURSOS INTENSIVOS ) http://ping.fm/er2WE
-
Aprende inglés con películas en versión original : Como ya os hemos comentado en más de una ocasión la mejor forma de aprender inglés consis...
-
Phrasal Verbs : Multi-word Verbs If I had to say what the single most asked question by my students is, I believe that would be: How can I...
-
VERBS TO INTRODUCE QUOTATIONS AND PARAPHRASES : VERBS TO INTRODUCE QUOTATIONS AND PARAPHRASES VERBS TO INTRODUCE QUOTATIONS ...
-
Adverbios : En la entrega de hoy les ofrecemos un tema que en muchas ocasiones suele suscitar confusión: los adverbios . Estas palabras o f...








No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario